Seems like 1.3 migration was easier then I thought. It is done now, latest
code should be included in Aug 12 nightly build. I updated "Installation"
chapter of the user guide bundled with the distro with the 1.3 install details.
Sanjay, could you confirm that it works on HP-UX?
At 02:21 PM 8/10/2002 -0400, Andrus wrote:
>Yesterday while waiting for my plane in the airport I figured I may start
>looking at backporting Cayenne to 1.3. As of now the goal is to provide a
>single distribution JAR that would work on both 1.4 and 1.3 (except for
>GUI). If this approach doesn't work, we may switch to 2 separate distros
>later. This means that the code must be compiled under 1.4, and then
>tested on both 1.3 & 1.4. My goal is to make it pass all the unit tests we
>have so far.
>What I've done so far:
>1. java.util.logging -> log4j replacement - 100%.
>2. java.util.regex -> org.apache.jakarta.oro - 50%.
>3. Cleaned GUI login panel to run under 1.3 (unlike the rest of the GUI
>this is needed for the unit tests) - 100%
>1'. Finish java.util.regex -> org.apache.jakarta.oro conversion
>2'. Create JDBC 2 support (as opposed to current JDBC 3)
>Required extras for 1.3 (put them in $JRE_HOME/lib/ext):
> 2 JAR files from Xerces (I used version 2.02) - xmlParserAPIs.jar and
>If the changes affected the API, I always preserved the old API, just
>marking it as ..eprecated". We don't want to make life any harder for the
>current users. All my changes are already in CVS (most are already in the
>last nightly build). For the next 3-4 weeks I will be very busy with other
>things, so the conversion process will probably move much slower, but I
>hope I already cleaned up the most messy part.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0.0 : Sun Aug 11 2002 - 22:05:05 EDT