Re: UML based modeling outside of Modeler (was: RE: Modeler vs. consistency of DataMap/Entity/Attribute/Relationship)

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 15:03:25 EST

    Holger Hoffstätte wrote:

    > XMI is definitely a good idea. Literally the 'last hope' for the tool
    > vendors to get their act together..

    actually I just wrote a XMI->Cayenne-datamap
    conversion and it wasn't that hard.

    I'm sorry it's based on XMI-parsing which is
    company property so I cannot just post it.

    I don't share the idea of *replacing* modeler
    by a UML-Tool, but just have a xmi->datamap
    converter packaged with cayenne would
    of course be cool.

    Actually with my converter, Modeler is a great
    tool to validate the result of the conversion.
    (far better than reading the xml...)

    best regards,

    Arndt