Re: [ cayenne-Bugs-803355 ] Import EOModel: wrong default for NSCalendarDate/NSTimestamp

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 09:16:53 EDT

    I wrote,

    "SourceForge.net" <norepl..ourceforge.net> wrote:
    > >Comment By: Andrus Adamchik (mensk)
    > Date: 2003-09-10 04:58
    >
    > Message:
    > Logged In: YES
    > user_id=468358
    >
    > This is fixed, so NSCalendarDate is imported as
    >
    > java.sql.Timestamp at the ObjAttribute level and TIMESTAMP
    >
    > at the DbAttribute level.

    So should this be changed to a java.util.Date rather than a
    java.sql.Timestamp?
    I'd be more comfortable with a Date.

    I'm also concerned with TIMESTAMP -- all of my EOModels generated Oracle
    DATE external types. is a DbAttribute TIMESTAMP going to generate the same
    thing? I seem to recall that an Oracle TIMESTAMP has a much greater
    precision than a DATE (to the nanosecond).

    I really don't know the answers to these questions or even if there's reason
    for concern.

    -Mike