Re: [Newbie] Advanced expressions

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 12:54:40 EDT

    On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Giulio Cesare Solaroli
    wrote:

    > It's true that the dual table exists only on Oracle (by default), but
    > it is also a really simple table to create from scratch: one table,
    > one column, one raw. The real problem could be the lack of the
    > "exists" operator and the correct handling of subqueries.
    >
    > The problem is that I though I could create subclasses of Expression;
    > but Cayenne seems to take a different approach, using the
    > ExpressionFactory class.

    Never mind ExpressionFactory. This is just a helper class. You can
    still subclass an Expression... Now given my previous message, do you
    need to? Expression by itself doesn't build SQL.
    QueryTranslator/QualifierTranslator does.

    Andrus