Re: DataContext delegate?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 09:16:57 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > P.S. My discussion of snapshot updates has one gaping hole (though not
    > directly related to event dispatch mechanism, just to commit
    > concurrency in general). If DC2 commits its changes after DC1 (and
    > potentially overriding some of DC1 changes), this doesn't guarantee
    > that snapshot event from DC2 gets dispatched after to the one from DC1,
    > since we are not locking the stack for commit.... I guess this was one
    > of the reasons EOF was always single threaded :-)... Anyway, just

    Even though EOF is/was single-threaded, there were still problems with EOF
    event notification.

    My current EOF project uses WO5.0, and after a commit in a thread, there are
    still problems with event notification of other threads.

    Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    Reason: EOEditingContext: _processInitializedObjectsInSharedContext: the
    shared context recently intialized the object
    _EOIntegralKeyGlobalID[Universe (java.lang.Integer)98] which is already
    registered in this context.

    This happens because there's a delay between objects being notified (at
    unlock rather than at commit) and other threads were reloading the objects.

    Doing the notification right after a commit should help with that problem.

    -Mike