Cayenne Data View Modeler sandboxed

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 08:54:14 EDT

    I checked the src for Data View Modeler and the demo in the Cayenne Sandbox.
    The tool is not finished but it will be in two weeks. The GUI design is
    almost complete, but various editing functions are still broken and it is
    not tested thoroughly. My special thanks to Natasha Kholodnaya a friend of
    mine, Java developer, who has authored most of the classes in the
    implementation of Cayenne Data View Modeler and continues working on it in
    collaboration with me. Without her help I could not have hoped to advance so
    far by this time. After DVModeler is included in the official Cayenne I
    suggest that we put her name in the list of Cayenne contributors.

    DVModeler relies on the libraries:
    sandbox/andriy/lib/forms-1.0.1.jar
    sandbox/andriy/lib/plastic-1.1.2.jar
    by Karsten Lentzsch the GUI Design and Swing Guru (http://www.jgoodies.com).
    I learned a lot from this great expert. The design of DVModeler is highly
    influenced by his style.

    The code is located in
     sandbox/andriy/dvmodeler/src

    See also
     sandbox/andriy/dvmodeler/examples
    for the deployed dvmodeler.jar and how to try it out. Hope you will like it.
    Warning! Do not work with you critical data in DVModeler, it is not of
    production quality yet.

    See
     sandbox/andriy/dvmodeler/doc
    for the DVModeler screenshot.

    To support Data Views as integrated part of Cayenne projects I am extending
    the Cayenne project DTD. You can see an example of such a Cayenne project in
    the examples directory. I will formulate the exact format of the DTD
    extention in a couple of days.

    Enjoy.

    dvmodeler1.gif