Re: EventManager rework

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 17:40:42 EST

    On Oct 26, 2003, at 5:31 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > 2. Synchronization is now done by subject. EventManager is no longer
    > synchronized (so you can post new events while others are waiting in
    > the queue), but multiple events for the same "subject" are processed
    > in sequence.

    BTW, anyone thinks this might be a problem? I can think of a solution
    that would make dispatches completely concurrent. It requires some
    extra memory, but well, who cares. DispatchQueue can clone its internal
    collections of listeners before doing a dispatch, and the perform a
    dispatch on the clone. Any thoughts on that?

    Andrus