Re: invalidation -> transient patch comments?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 22:55:40 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > > So would that simply be calling the following directly?
    > >
    > > getDataRowCache().getSnapshot(oid, context);
    >
    > Yeah, this should work.
    >
    > There is a small side effect - fetched snapshot will end up being
    > stored in the DataRowStore after this call... As we are invalidating
    > it, it will be removed almost immediately after that. Probably not a
    > big deal at all, but it looks like a fetch bypassing DataRowStore is
    > cleaner.

    Ok. I might dig deeper, but I at least want to get that change into my
    production upgrade this week :)

    Actually, is this really a problem? The object isn't going to be
    invalidated in THIS objectStore -- only refreshed from the db. Having the
    snapshot stored in the DataRowStore would be goal, wouldn't it?

    It's getting late, and I may not be thinking clearly.

    -Mike