Re: CAY-82 Ant DbGenerator

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 13:14:05 EST

    > Kevin Menard <nirvdru..egativetwenty.net> wrote:
    >> That's what I'll probably do then. I don't like convoluted build
    >> scripts. Furthermore, it's probably easier to start HSQLDB up via
    >> code than trying to use the exec task (I assume this is how it would
    >> be done -- I'm by far no ant guru).
    >
    > Yeah, me either.
    >
    > I haven't used HSQLDB yet, but if there's no ant task to do it, the
    > HSQLDB project would probably welcome such a contribution.
    >
    > -Mike

    Maybe I misunderstood what Kevin's HSQLDB setup is, but HSQLDB db files
    can be accessed from *any* Java application (including a running Ant
    build) without starting a socket server. HSQL JDBC driver suports an
    "in-process" db, just set the right URL:

    http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/ch01.html#N10190

    That's it, nothing else is needed..

    Andrus