Any volunteers with DocBook knowledge?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 22:13:18 EST

    We have a feature request to provide PDF version of the docs:

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-144

    This would be a very nice thing to have for a lot of people (myself
    included). As our doc sources are in XML, we can convert them to
    anything (in theory)... in practice PDF generation tools like FOP are
    very involved. I looked at how others do it and for instance Spring
    uses an XSL they borrowed from Hibernate... So we can adopt the same
    procedure. The only caveat is that it requires sources to be in a
    DocBook DTD compliant format (http://www.docbook.org/)... As our source
    XML is basically a subset of XHTML (title, body, p, ul, li, a, strong,
    code, i, b) with a few custom tags (document, section, subsection,
    source), we can in turn create another XSLT that transforms them to
    docbook format...

    Anyone with any docbook experience who is willing to help us design
    such an XSL transform? Please let me know.

    Andrus