Re: Nested DataContexts / invalidated object events

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 13:49:24 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > I take it as an offer to help ;-) ? I think basic working implementation
    > should be pretty straightforward ... Two pieces that will likely need more
    > work (or mabe just more thought and testing) is local change notifications
    > and remote nested contexts...

    Yes, that's an offer to help, especially since my latest cayenne work is
    dealing with local change notifications :)

    What's your thinking about change notifications?

    My first thoughts are that they need to be limited to just listeners
    monitoring the parent context since other DataContexts aren't "interested"
    until the data is committed to the database. (and the parent notifies its
    parent, etc)

    Not really sure about the remote nested contexts as I don't quite understand
    the use case.

    -Mike