Cayenne Wiki - Confluence

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 22:06:19 EST

    Hi folks,

    I hope my Confluence woes are over and we'll finally|hopefully have a
    functioning Wiki. Now I am asking for everybody's help with beta
    testing. After we are satisfied with it, I'll put a link on Cayenne
    main site.

    A few notes:

    1. Links:

    [confluence main link] http://objectstyle.org/confluence/
    [public Cayenne "space"]
    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Home
    [docs at atlassian]
    http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Documentation%2BHome

    2. Anonymous users are able to browse Cayenne "space", but can't post
    (spam prevention feature).

    3. Jira logins should be used to login to Confluence. New Jira users
    will automatically receive this privilege (so anyone in the world can
    register and start posting). I'll convert current users once we are
    done with Beta testing. Send me an email if you want your current login
    to be converted immediately.

    4. I set up an advanced category of users - "confluence bloggers" -
    these people will be able to create new pages and post blog entries on
    Cayenne blog. This permission will be given based on a "chain of trust"
    approach - I can give it to the community members I trust
    [automatically including all committers], they in turn can recommend
    others.

    5. Currently Mike Gentry, Mike Kienenberger and myself are setup as
    "bloggers". Again, anyone else willing to play around, please drop me a
    note.

    6. In addition to Cayenne "space" (and associated blog) I can setup
    personal spaces/blogs for community members based on the same chain of
    trust (and relevance of the blog topics) as above. Let me know.

    Andrus