Re: Optimistic locking on delete: appendOptimisticLockingAttributes calls getRetainedSnapshot() but may be null for simple deleteObject()

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 21:04:00 EST

    > That sounds good to me, but I have no idea how it's done :)
    >
    > I've added this to the issue along with flattened relationships. I'm
    > not
    > sure what further progress I will make on either issue.

    I can look at the NPE piece. Just assign CAY-276 to me if you don't
    find a quick solution.

    As for the flattened relationships, I don't think we should attempt to
    handle them. In general any relationship that doesn't have *all* of its
    joins rooted in the FKs of the table being updated is unsuitable for
    optimistic locking. I can't think of any exceptions from this
    definition (maybe updates/deletes with subselect??)

    Andrus