Re: Locking unit test failure

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 04:37:16 EST

    Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >
    >>I am seeing this test failure in our nightly builds for a number of
    >>days:
    >>
    >>http://objectstyle.org/downloads/cayenne/nightly/2005-2-27/reports/org/
    >>objectstyle/cayenne/access/OptimisticLockingTst.html
    >>
    >>Nightly builds testing is done on Oracle 9i. This error doesn't happen
    >>on HSQLDB. I didn't have a chance to look it it closely. I assume this
    >>is something related to your recent checkins? Any ideas?

    Hi,

    I have no idea what's going on there but when reading up on Derby I
    recently learned that HSQLDB has no real transacton isolation, i.e. it
    always works in "read uncommitted" mode. This was no problem so far but
    for transactions concurrently operating on the same data set it's of
    course a show-stopper.

    Holger