Re: propertyNames on CayenneDataObject?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 10:06:46 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > > Is there a reason why there's no access to the full list of property
    > > keys on a CayenneDataObject?
    > >
    > > Something along the lines of:
    > >
    > > protected List propertyNames() {
    > > return new ArrayList(values.keySet());
    > > }
    >

    > No reason.. But I'd rather stick it in the ObjEntity and create a cover
    > method (if we are talking about mapped properties), as "values" Map can
    > potentially have extra stuff in it.

    "protected" above should have been "public"

    Well, the primary use case that I've seen asking for it for was to clone a
    DataObject iterating over propertyNames with read/writeProperty.

    It's probably the biggest missing piece of functionality separating
    CayenneDataObject from EOGenericRecord.

    However, working with ObjEntity directly is probably a better way to do
    things now that you point it out.

    -Mike