Re: distributed objects

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 12:22:41 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Also Mike Kienenberger is going to start on a local nested DataContexts
    > feature. We need to coordinate the interface for parent-child DataContext
    > communication. I hope we can have a common one for local and distributed
    > contexts (note that currently parent is an instance of QueryEngine... This
    > is clearly inappropriate for what we are trying to do, as it gives
    > DataContext direct access to the DataNode).

    It's unclear when I'm going to start on this, so don't wait on me. This
    feature is looking less important in my current work schedule. I'm still
    interested but cleaning up the template generator (I'm anticipating needing
    to write a lot more templates in the immediate future) and figuring out how
    to do vertical inheritance (my current project requires supporting this
    somehow) are probably going to take precidence. I know there are other
    developers needing nested transaction support at my client site before they
    convert over from an in-house database layer to cayenne, but I'm not sure
    how urgently they need the functionality.