Extended types

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..laraview.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 23:39:13 EST

    Is there any plans to modify ExtendedTypeMap to support non-runtime self
    registration of ExtendedTypes?

    I noticed that the javadoc for ExtendedTypeMap says its a singleton, and I
    guess technically the overall design of Cayenne leads to it being used as a
    singleton, but if it were, I imagine that a static initializer in the
    individual types could register everything. It's not ideal, but then again,
    it's also how its done elsewhere within Cayenne, so at least its consistent

    :)

    Incidentally, what spurred this on was a JodaDateType that I wrote. I was
    hoping to have a way to get it into the modeler w/o modifying src.. Where do
    you think contributions that aren't necessarily appropriate in the
    distribution should go? A section in the wiki?

    Cris