Preclick Corp - Job Posting - Java/Tapestry/cayenne

From: Dan Hennes (da..reclick.com)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 16:33:22 EDT

    Hello,
    I am not sure if this is the correct location for this post so excuse me
    if it's the wrong place.

    Preclick makes software in 21 languages worldwide for HP and other
    corporations.

    We have a new photo-sharing app called Photowiki which we have the
    rights to offer all the HP customers for the next two years.

    We have Photowiki(Built in Tapestry/cayenne) in beta and now need
    additional
    software engineers (see Java position below). Ideally we'd want a
    candidate in the NY or Seattle area but not a necessity.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Regards,

    Dan Hennes
    Product Manager
    Preclick Corporation
    da..reclick.com

    Use Preclick products to organize, print and share your digital photos
    http://www.preclick.com/demo

    Experienced Java Programmer

    Fast-growing digital media software company is adding to its team.
    Looking to hire an experienced Java programmer. Proven track record of
    designing and launching applications written in Java. Ability to
    single-handedly design, develop, test and launch a complete project.
    Qualifying applicants should have very strong experience with Java
    technologies, server-side programming, knowledge of databases and
    networking as well as experience in multi-tier application development.
    We seek independent, self-directed, experienced team players. You should
    be a digital photography enthusiast and have the ability to work from
    home efficiently and effectively

    Requirements:

    * 5+ years commercial Java programming

    * In depth knowledge of J2EE, JSP, servlets, taglibs, etc.

    * Experience with client/server technologies

    * Strong understanding of XML-based protocols

    * Experience with Apache/Tomcat, Linux, FreeBSD

    * Tapestry experience is a plus

    * You live in the North East (NY) or the North West (Seattle)

    To apply for this position:

    1. Include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
    (Use spell check!)

    2. Please use these two products developed by Preclick:
    Preclick Gold/Silver 2.6 - http://www.preclick.com/download.php?site=cay
    Preclick Photowiki - http://www.photowiki.com
    <http://www.photowiki.com/> .
    Along with your resume and a cover letter, please include your
    impressions of these two products.

    3. Along with your resume and cover letter, please provide a sample
    of code you have written. This should be no more than 300 lines of
    source code.

    4. Please visit http://www.preclick.com/jobs/?id=java

    About Preclick
    Preclick is a media asset management software company founded to provide
    digital photographers the fastest, easiest and most convenient way to
    organize, print, preserve and share their digital photos. Preclick makes
    a number of software solutions including Preclick Gold/Silver, HP Image
    Zone Express, PhotoWorks Digital Partner and others. To learn more about
    Preclick's products please visit
    http://www.preclick.com/products/products.php. We encourage you to
    download and test out our products.