horizontal inheritance

From: Randy Leonard (randalleleonar..otmail.com)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 09:44:41 EDT

    I am taking my first look at Cayenne, am curious of plans for supporting
    inheritance across many database tables. Specific questions:

    1. Is this something under consideration?
    2. Could I mimic this by creating my own subclass of CayenneDataObject which
    contained access to shared properties? My data objects would inherit from
    this class. I understand the inability to query across all tables sharing
    this custom superclass.

    Thanks,
    Randy