RE: Optimistic Locking Bug?

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 18:05:20 EDT

    My current theory, to be explored tomorrow, revolves around this comment
    from Andrus (I think) in DefaultType:

     * Addresses bugs in certain JDBC drivers that do not handle
    java.lang.Short
     * properly. Recasts java.lang.Short to java.lang.Integer when
     * binding values to PreparedStatement. Drivers that are proven to have
    issues with
     * short values are Sybase and Oracle (Mac OS X only).

    I'm guessing it has to do with my custom enumerated type (an Integer
    under the hoods) that maps to a SMALLINT in Sybase (and, as fate would
    have it, I'm on OS X). Everything else looks OK (except, of course, it
    UPDATEs an unchanged record because it thinks my PK has changed).

    /dev/mrg

    PS. I still think the bind log could be better.