Re: Vertical inheritance support proposal

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 22:08:50 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > > But it also involves managing multiple object entities as if they were
    > > one single entity (from the bottom up), and as single entities from the
    > > top down.
    >
    > Why would this be different from the single-table inheritance that we have
    > now?

    I'm not sure yet -- I never noticed that feature before until now! :)

    I'll have to play around with it and see how it works. However, I think my
    wife and I are going to be heading off to the hospital sometime in the next
    day or two to "deploy" our new baby daughter, so I probably won't make any
    further investigation for awhile. :-)

    -Mike