Re: Incorporating VPP code into cgen

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 09:55:45 EDT

    Just to add to the dependency note - I agree with Mike that it is NOT
    a runtime dependency (imagine if the ClassLoader scanned for the
    presence of every dependency when loading a class... it could take
    seconds or more). However, it IS a compile-time dependency unless you
    use some sort of reflection trick.

    Of course, if the code is invoked by someone at runtime, it obviously
    becomes required, so its going to be important to document that for
    folks invoking this through code (like me)

    Just a note on the cgen2 task name... I'm definitely not a fan,
    because once cgen is deprecated out, people are going to wonder why
    there's a 2 and not a 1. Since we're using antlib namespaces now
    (thanks Erik), why not just call it 'gen' or 'generate' (cayenne:gen)?
    If a new task ends up being required, this is probably a less annoying
    solution.

    Cris