Re: 'EOReporter -modeldoc' (and maybe -groupdoc) options for cgen?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:43:06 EDT

    > Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >> But what you are building here has synergy with another generation
    >> feature that I was planning - a Java class (probably one per DataMap)
    >> with static method calls wrapping all Modeler Queries (as queries may
    >> or may not have a root entity, they have to be at the DataMap level).
    >>
    >> In fact I have this functionality in WebObjects wrapper of cgen -
    >> wogen - all WO fetch specs are generated as static methods with named
    >> parameters. It would be cool to have a similar option in Cayenne.
    >
    > Is there an example I can look at somewhere so I can make sure what I
    > come up with covers this situation too?
    >
    > Or do you think it's already handled by what I proposed?
    >
    > -Mike

    It probably should be covered. All the is needed is access to the DataMap
    variable. Once you have that you can iterate over all its queries in the
    Velocity template.

    FWIW, here is a WOGen template link. Of course in Cayenne queries are ata
    a different level in the tree.

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/woproject/woproject/projects/woproject/src/resources/wogen/superclass.vm?view=markup

    Andrus