modeler paths

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 12:27:00 EDT

    I have a model that references multiple maps in different locations.
    It works fine from my applications (via the DefaultConfiguration
    classloader).

    <domain name="ENG_WORK_MGMT">
            <map name="EngWorkMgmtMap"
    location="com/gvea/eng_work_mgmt/model/EngWorkMgmtMap.map.xml"/>
            <map name="CoreWorkMgmtMap"
    location="com/gvea/core_work_mgmt/model/CoreWorkMgmtMap.map.xml"/>
            <map name="AdminDbMap"
    location="com/gvea/admindb/model/AdminDbMap.map.xml"/>
    </domain>

    However, the modeler itself can't deal with the paths, probably because it
    only works with absolute file names.

    Is my only option to maintain two separate cayenne.xml files, one with
    classpath-relative names, and the other with file-system relative names?

    Note that this file is stored in com/gvea/cayenne/model. Actually, that
    gave me an idea. It does work if I move cayenne.xml to the root of my src
    directory. Not exactly what I want, but I suppose it's not the end of the
    world to have one file there.

    [Redirecting this to cayenne-devel instead of cayenne-user because the real
    question now becomes....]

    Any ideas for fixing the model to deal with the original layout? Or do we
    consider this an unsupportable configuration?