Re: Spring/Cayenne integration

From: Erik Hatcher (eri..hatchersolutions.com)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 13:35:28 EDT

    On May 31, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:
    > That's a huge shift from the "you can use us with any tool in the
    > entire universe" philosophy. Boo Spring.
    >
    > I would think Spring integration would best be placed outside of the
    > Cayenne distribution - maybe a repository with releases on the wiki?

    It is a complex issue where "glue" rightfully belongs in the open
    source world. Where does the <javacc> Ant task belong? With Ant, or
    with JavaCC? Where does a SiteMesh Tapestry decorator belong? With
    Tapestry or with SiteMesh? I've yet to come across good rules for
    how to deal with this sort of thing.

         Erik