Postgres Adapter

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 10:40:48 EDT

    I just found out I can't create a table named "user" in Postgres
    because it's a keyword. However, if the name is wrapped in quotes, it
    can be done. I think someone had raised a similar issue before (except I think it
    was table names with spaces) and had suggested that Cayenne quote the
    table name.

    Would it be wise for the Postgres Adapter to take care of quoting
    names? On the one hand, I don't think Cayenne should have to overcome
    the limitations of every db system out there, but on the other, I
    don't think I should have to worry about how I name my tables in an
    ORM. Any one else have thoughts on this?

    --
    Kevin