Re: Postgres Adapter

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 10:08:58 EDT

    On Jun 24, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    > Actually, it really would need to remain part of the DbAdapter. Not
    > all databases use quotes... for example, SQL Server prefers brackets.
    > Who knows what others might use...

    Right. What I was proposing was an almost template method like
    behavior. So the DbAdapter could hook into the DbEntity and say
    what, if anything, should go before and after the table name. Make
    more sense?

    > It also probably should remain an option. I can imagine the possiblity
    > that you wouldn't want this... if you were using an incredibly old
    > version of the database or doing some other hackish thing. Thus,
    > another setting would need to be introduced to the modeler. Any
    > thoughts on that?

    Sounds like a reasonable option, although I'm not aware of any such
    problems. I think by reasoning at the DbAdapter level this is quite
    doable anyway (and could be handled on a DB by DB case).

    --
    Kevin