Re: Modeler GUI and PK generation

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 16:57:18 EDT

    "Generated" label is indeed just a placeholder for now (it is a new
    1.2 feature). Still not sure what is the best way to describe such
    columns.

    Just renaming it to "auto-increment" does not solve it. First it is
    still confusing, second there is a whole bunch of other issues behind
    the scenes. Such as Cayenne can fully handle db-generated columns
    only if a JDBC driver supports them, which means - pk only and only
    for two or three databases (MySQL, SQLServer, ...??). Oh well...

    Andrus