Re: Useless code

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 20:21:57 EDT

    On Sep 6, 2005, at 2:39 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > I just cleaned up some code (will check it in the morning - CVS is
    > acting up)... What I noticed is that while this validation is right
    > in most cases, it ignores that sometimes superclass may declare an
    > exception, knowing that a subclass may need to throw it... Not the
    > best programming style, but still valid, as Java doesn't allow
    > subclass to throw more exceptions than the super declared. So keep
    > it at "warning" level - we'll have some of those around.

    I've attached what I'm using now. I'll leave it up to you whether or
    not you want to add it into CVS. Using these settings, there are
    more things marked as error that I think can safely be removed.
    It'll help clean some of the crud out of the codebase.

    You should be able to just import this file under the project
    specific settings in the properties view. Otherwise, if you put it
    in the cayenne/.settings/ directory you should be all set.

    --
    Kevin