Re: 3T Relationships [are done]

From: Marek Wawrzyczny (marek_wawrzyczn..nternode.on.net)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 19:29:40 EDT

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:47, Tore Halset wrote:
    > On Sep 15, 2005, at 22:30, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > > What I am still unclear is a very simple case below. Consider this
    > > method called from UI (web or Swing), not on commit:
    > >
    > > public String getUrl() {
    > > return getPart1() + getPart2() + getPart3();
    > > }
    > >
    > > I am trying to avoid duplication of this code between client and
    > > server classes. I guess inheritance of server objects from client
    > > objects would be an option...
    >
    > Ok, I see. The server class could contain some logic that should not
    > be exposed on the client. Like dependant on other jars, or some
    > secret biz logic. So inheritance of server classes are not always a
    > good option.
    >
    > I think code duplication is ok in that case :/

    I think code duplication is ok.

    What the above function describes is a way to display data. As such, the code
    doesn't even necessarily make sense to exist on the server since it (in a
    server/client situation) would not typically deal with displaying any data.

    The exception here could be running/creating reports, exports and printing. I
    would still argue that this sort of functionality should be implemented
    client side.

    --
    -
    Marek W