3T questions

From: Marek Wawrzyczny (marek_wawrzyczn..nternode.on.net)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 20:24:29 EDT

    Hi Andrus,

    I have been reading the updates you sent to the lists, impressive work. When
    do you think would the 3T stuff be ready for production?

    Is there a document anywhere that lists the proposed vs existing
    functionality?

    I am pressing here to use the 3T framework in one of our current projects,
    don't worry, it'll be in development for at least 4-6 months. It would give
    us a chance to test it, use it, perhaps even contribute to it. It would
    definitely simplify the solution.

    We would require the following functionality and I was hoping you might be
    able to give me a quick heads up on these:

    1. Encryption of the Cayenne data streams between server and client - is this
    possible/hard or maybe even already implemented? I went through the docs for
    the framework you use some time ago, but don't recall seeing anything on
    encryption.

    2. "In-memory" pessimistic locking on server - it would be nice (in my
    opinion) if we could pessimistically lock the Cayenne objects on server. This
    would bypass the need to implement a SQL pessimistic locking functionality
    and our user base could not possibly be able to deal with optimistic locks...

    Cheers, and thanks for the work.

    --
    -
    Marek W