Re: nested context status

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 15:16:42 EDT

    I had a breakthrough with nested contexts last week - we can use the
    same mechanism that we use for communication between contexts in the
    multi-tier environment. This sounds obvious, but it wasn't until all
    the main pieces got in place. I tentatively called this mechanism OPP
    (for "Object Persistence Protocol"):

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cayenne/cayenne/src/cayenne/
    java/org/objectstyle/cayenne/opp/

    So we have a plan and 70% of the implementation, but there is still
    more than a few loose ends. Main one is reconciling DataContext with
    ObjectContext API (including a common EntityResolver and ObjectId/
    GlobalID mismatch), but also there are parent-to-children
    notifications that are still missing from OPP.

    So we are getting there, but not quite there yet...

    Andrus