Re: forcing object update

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 13:16:30 EDT

    > So what you are suggesting is another lifecycle method. I wonder if
    > DataObjectTransactionEventListener would work in this situation?

    This could work, but it seems to me that it takes the decision making
    power away from the object. Normally, that's a good thing, but I think
    in this case, isn't it best to let the object decide whether its
    transient properties warrant "computing" persistent fields?

    Maybe it can still work. I'll tinker with it a bit..