Poll: JDK 1.3 support

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 15:41:39 EDT

    I was wondering if there any users out there who deploy on JDK 1.3?
    Ok, I know there are WebObjects installations out there that use JDK
    1.1.8, but we won't go that far :-) ... Any major J2EE container
    vendor shipped versions in the past 2 years that do not support 1.4?

    I'd like to eventually clean up the code, ridding it from 1.3
    workarounds (such as no nested exceptions support, a need to use
    third-party regexps, collections, etc.). Also it is an issue of
    testing - it takes extra time to test with 1.3... So maybe not in
    Cayenne 1.2, but maybe in 1.2.1 we can do such switch.

    Any comments?

    Andrus