Re: flattened prefetches

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 17:59:53 EDT

    On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    > Gotcha. The only problem with that is that there is no guarantee that
    > getToHouse() exists...

    "Does not exist" means "not mapped" in this context... I was not
    referring to those... Only to the cases of redundant mapping of
    ObjRelationships as both regular and flattened over the same path.

    I guess we misunderstood each other at some point. Here is you
    message I was replying to:

    > In some cases, I'd agree - though in other cases I would not. For
    > example, if I query across the relationship by path
    > (query.addPrefetch("toHouse.toCity")), then when I invoke
    > person.getToCity, it should work.

    In this case, if there is a House ObjEntity, we can use a "fake"
    flattened; if there is none - we have to use joint prefetch as
    connecting person and city records is impossible without a join
    information.

    Andrus