Re: failure notice

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 09:00:46 EDT

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:46:18 -0400, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On the other end of the spectrum you have a 200K library and we are only
    > using 2 classes out of it (BeanUtils).

    Fair enough.

    > Here comes the beauty of BSD license and copy/paste. BTW, just recently
    > I had to rewrite a half-way done JDOM app to stick with DOM (the
    > motivation was performance - I had to provide a downstream piece of code
    > with a DOM tree, so it didn't make sense to keep JDOM around). It was
    > trivial, took maybe an hour. JDOM is more Java friendly than DOM, but it
    > is basically the same exact thing.

    Interesting. Maybe it won't be that bad after all ;-)

    > I already said - if this is easy, let's do it. If not, JDOM is fine...
    > Refactoring back to the older version of JDOM seems like a waste though.

    Yeah, JDOM was just an illustrative example. You could substitute any lib
    in there, but I get your point.

    >> Actually, come to think of it, I'm not even sure what the goals of 1.2
    >> were. I like what I'm seeing for sure, but I'm not sure what the
    >> destination is.
    >
    > http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/1.2+User+Guide
    >
    > That's what we have - sorry, I am not a blogger-type...:-)

    Ahh, I really need to read things more often. I guess I never expect it
    to appear under the user guide :-P

    --
    Kevin