Re: Mixing JDK 1.4 and 1.5 in development

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 11:36:42 EST

    Since nobody else wants to take this one, I'll bite... you can fairly
    cleanly tailor the warnings that Eclipse spits out on the
    project-level, so you can avoid the warning problem. I think its not a
    bad idea anyway... the generics warnings are totally ridiculous and
    non-third-party-library friendly.

    Then, use source/target in the ant build for the stuff that needs to
    be 1.4-compliant. For what its worth, I'm yet to have a problem using
    the 1.5 compiler to generate 1.4 source-level code.

    Incidentally, I've been meaning to add a bug report to add
    source/target to all javac ant tasks anyway. It really should be
    required by Ant... it bugs me that it isn't. Cayenne won't compile
    under 1.5 without it.

    Cris