Re: XMLEncoder behavior

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 17:53:12 EST

    On 12/15/05 5:48 PM, "Kevin Menard" <kmenar..ervprise.com> wrote:

    > On 12/15/05 4:15 AM, "Andrus Adamchik" <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >
    >> I agree with Cris. I think Kevin modeled this after WebObjects
    >> implementation. But I don't know what the reason for that either.
    >
    > I'll be looking into this shortly. I'll report back whether it was by
    > design or by oversight ;-)

    Off hand, it seems this was done to be WebObjects-compatible. The docs at:

    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/Reference/API5.2.4/com/w
    ebobjects/appserver/xml/package-summary.html

    Discuss the "forceList" attribute.

    Note, not having looked at the code in a while, I'm not completely sure that
    was the rationale, but I suspect this may be the reason.

    --
    Kevin