Re: Problems with caching

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 18:09:34 EST

    On Feb 9, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:

    > I can understand why caching is supporting only queries with name,
    > but wouldn't it be good if all queries were cached?

    There is a difference between caching objects by ObjectId and caching
    query results that are lists of objects.

    When you send an ad hoc query, you don't know what rows in the db it
    is going to match, and there is certainly no guarantee that all of
    them are already in memory. And even if there was, Cayenne is a not a
    database to do extensive in memory queries. The last point is the
    most important IMO - Cayenne != RDBMS.

    So we only support caching of individual objects and those queries
    that the user explicitly tells us to.

    Andrus