Re: Problems with caching

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 18:22:14 EST

    On Feb 9, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > So we only support caching of individual objects and those queries
    > that the user explicitly tells us to.

    One more note. The methods 'interceptOIDQuery' and
    'interceptRelationshipQuery' are the shortcuts that we can take based
    on Cayenne's knowledge of the object graph structure. Those are very
    specific queries.

    In the past we didn't even bother to issue a such queries inside
    Cayenne (e.g. in the Fault class), and would look for results in the
    cache directly. New Query-based stack was needed to decouple query
    senders (including remote clients) from the stack internals... Works
    pretty well so far.

    Andrus