Re: Caching update

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 17:37:46 EST

    So does it still display the same symptoms as described in CAY-444?

    Hmm, I created a few more test cases, and they all work - caching and
    refreshing is done as expected.

    > I'm actually not using setRefreshingObjects at all, I'm using
    > DataContext.performQuery(query, refreshObjects)

    Tested this, works for me. In the backend "refreshObjects" forces an
    override of stored cache policy as it should (it temporarily
    overrides LOCAL_CACHE with LOCAL_CACHE_REFRESH and SHARED_CACHE with
    SHARED_CACHE_REFRESH).

    Could you possibly try it with nightly build?

    > Since this is really meaningless now, would it be possible to
    > deprecate it and replace with DataContext.performQuery(query,
    > QueryMetaData)?

    I think it is nice the way it is. It allows you to define caching
    policy in the Modeler, but then expire cache as needed (and still
    preserve the caching for future invocations). It also leaves less
    room for error giving all these policies:

    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Caching+Query+Results

    Andrus