generated getToEntity Methods

From: Tobias SCHOESSLER (Tobias.Schoessle..nvienna.org)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 09:12:14 EST

    I am not happy with the generated code for some of my databases structures

    If a tableA has more than one foreign key relationship to the same other
    tableB the generated getToTableB methods look like this. getToTableB1,
    getToTableB2, getToTableB3 ...
    Wouldn't it be better to have these methods named after the attribute of
    the destination foreign key? if the foreign key attributes are attrA,
    attrB, attrC. something like getToAttrATableA, getToAttrBTableB, ...

    This way If you have speaking attributes the relationship is much better
    described. getToBadPainting, getToGoodPainting. A possibility would also to
    pick up the name of the Constraint used to describe the foreign key
    relation ...

    I tried to change this with a custom vl template but had problems getting
    to the destination attribute from a Relationship ,,, maybe this should be
    done somewhere else anyway... when the Realtionship's name is created
    during reverse engineering process.

    I know the mapping can be changed manually, but I am trying to minimize the
    manual work to be done to the mapping after reverse engineered.

    Tobias Schoessler, Java Developer
    Information Management Unit
    Information Technology Service
    United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

    Tel: (+43-1) 26060-5173
    Websites: www.unov.org, www.unodc.org
    Impossible is not a fact, only an opinion