Re: cayenne-jpa - volunteer help?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 15:12:49 EST

    On Feb 15, 2006, at 21:44, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > This is a starting point of the JPA provider implementation. It
    > already has a spec-compliant configuration and bootstrapping
    > mechanism. Note that JPA stack can operate with or without a
    > container. I started collaborating with Geronimo (specifically
    > OpenEJB) folks on pieces that are shared between the both modes of
    > operation. If we move quickly, we will be in a good position to
    > offer Cayenne as a default JPA provider to Geronimo.

    Cool.

    > The first major task that needs to be done now is to write a non-
    > compliant javax.persistence.EntityManager facade to the current
    > Cayenne stack. It should be able to work in a standalone mode (via
    > javax.persistence.Persistence).

    EntityManager:
      * The query stuff will require some work... I guess SQLTemplate can
    be used for native sql. And we do have named queries.
      * I do not know about the transaction stuff.
      * The rest matches DataContext metods.

    The attached files should not be taken seriously. Just a first
    reading-through-javadoc-and-hacking-away.

      - Tore.