Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-599) rop-browser update 2

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 21:31:35 EDT

    On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Marcel wrote:

    >> 2. Would it be possible to combine your new auto-layout
    >> capabilities and manual layout? I.e. allow the user to move things
    >> around and avoid changing existing layout when a new object opens
    >> (rather find a space for it somewhere in the visible area, even if
    >> it overlaps with others)
    > Since that patch the layout can be toggled between manual and
    > automatic.

    Cool, I guess I overlooked the command that does the switch.

    >> 3. When I am deleting an object via right mouse button menu, it
    >> only becomes hidden, not deleted.
    > I understand the confusion. Delete was only meant to refer to the
    > visual aspect: remove the visual representation from my diagram.
    > Since the patch I have added a command which actually deletes
    > records. I am trying to think of the manner in which they should be
    > presented to make it most intuitive.

    Maybe "Hide" (or "Collapse") should hide the object from the diagram
    and "Delete" should remove the object from the object graph for real?

    In fact "Delete" can keep the object visible in the diagram until the
    next commit (only change its color to red, or add some other
    indication that it was deleted).

    Andrus