Re: [m2] directory structure

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 11:29:56 EDT

    > On Jul 21, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Bill Dudney wrote:
    > > a) remove lib, dist, .classpath, .project, .settings

    > BTW, the .settings dir contains lots of nice things for Eclipse, such
    > as code formatting "standard" for Cayenne, the new class templates
    > with Apache license headers, etc. It would be nice to preserve it.
    > Also I don't see any harm in Eclipse project files.
    >
    > What's considered to be the "best practices" when working with
    > Eclipse and Maven.

    In theory, Maven can recreate .project and .classpath with "maven
    eclipse:eclipse"
    In practice it doesn't always work out this nicely -- MyFaces is an
    example of that, although maybe it's just a misconfiguration issue in
    maven.

    Maven is not going to provide useful things like .setting. I
    wouldn't get rid of these.