Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-811) Meaningful identity columns: user provided PK values are ignored

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 08:52:40 EDT

    On Aug 2, 2007, at 3:43 PM, Tore Halset wrote:

    > Handling null as 0 can probably lead to other problems as well.

    I guess that would be "handling zero as null". As far as I am aware
    this is the only place where we stretched that a bit. I need some
    more time to look at the code - maybe we can distinguish between the
    two cases by looking at the ObjAttribute (which should have an
    indication of whether the value is primitive).

    > Øyvind Harboe has lots of good thoughts on null handling.

    Please share :-) (or was it already and I missed the relevant emails?)

    Andrus