Re: newbie maven junit question

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 09:03:18 EDT

    On Aug 2, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Tore Halset wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > (sorry for this embarrassing newbie question)
    >
    > I am reading http://cayenne.apache.org/running-unit-tests.html and
    > it confirms what I know, namely that running "mvn install" runs all
    > the junit tests. But, where do I find/get/create those pretty html
    > reports?
    >
    > I have tried with "mvn surefire-report:report" and looked for the
    > report with "find", but not found anything.
    >
    > Regards,
    > - Tore.

    There's no single easy to browse report (if somebody knows how to
    create it, please let us know). Maven JUnit raw output is made of two
    files per each test case, all located under "target/surefire-
    reports/", one .txt and one .xml. I usually locate the failures with
    grep, and then read the corresponding files:

    % pwd
    /Users/andrus/work/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.4-unpublished

    % grep FAIL target/surefire-reports/*.txt

    Andrus