RE: Exceptions . . .

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 12:04:01 EDT

    I may be mistaken, but my experience tracking down some problems in the
    past couple days indicates that we rarely check that invariants hold
    true. Instead, things go as far as they can, the exception is caught,
    wrapped, and sent back up the pipeline. I imagine it's been done this
    way as a performance benefit, but I'm not sure the overhead would be
    that great anyway. Comparisons are pretty cheap.

    --
    Kevin