Re: Exceptions . . .

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 20:40:42 EDT

    On 04/08/2007, at 2:41 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > For what it's worth, when I write my own code these days, I use either
    > NullPointerException("variable-name") or IllegalArgumentException("why
    > it's illegal")

    I also use IllegalArgumentException quite a bit in my own code. And I
    think it makes more sense to a user than a generic
    CayenneRuntimeException. Plus you can use it to show some sort of
    error dialog with a useful "you typed invalid search criteria" or
    whatever.

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8