CAY-1077

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 14:32:53 EST

    On Nov 8, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

    > About M5, I'm still not sure what should we do with CAY-1077.
    > Switching
    > between single and double click is a minute work and I'd prefer we
    > close it
    > and release M5 as fast as possible.

    Sorry, I kept postponing replying to this. Let me give it a shot
    now... I stand by my earlier assessment - the browser has to expand on
    a single click... looking at the comment in Jira by Kevin, "the
    behavior of the column selector should be the same for the
    relationship dialog and the prefetch dialog.", I think I am totally in
    favor of following this approach. Here is what it means IMO:

    1. The browser should expand on single click
    2. "Target" should be a text label, not a dropdown.

    3. (??) How do we allow a user to navigate through relationships
    without dirtying the selection... It is probably evil to make a single
    click selection as it is unclear to the users that they've just
    changed something, when they simply wanted to browse around, so let's
    make selection a separate step following prefetch/ordering selection
    process for queries. So let's add a "select path" button, similar to
    "Add Ordering" button for select queries (there won't be a "remove" I
    guess, as we are only selecting 1 path). Maybe we can also improve on
    the browser - a relationship target entity can be shown as a column
    header of the browser panel on the right of the relationship.

    Does this sound reasonable?

    Andrus